Monday, January 5, 2009

"You don't appreciate what you have until its gone."


"You don't appreciate what you have until its gone."This quote is recited over and over again by many. Many take for granted what they have. Many don't realize that they have everything that they need and just act upon things that they want.Today in society, we act as if we have nothing but really we have everything. During December school break I experience a horrible tragedy. I will not explain what happen but it change my way of thinking. Everything that I had is gone. I have realized now how spoiled I was. I should have been grateful for what was in front me but instead I was blinded by greed and now that I have clear sight it is to late. My eyes have opened and my mind had broaden to a higher level of recognizing that children, teenagers and adults never accept what they have is all that they need. I Believe that everyone should take a step back and really think about what they have whether its a physical objects, someone important in there life, or just what makes you unique, and what you have to offer to the world even if it may not seem that special. It can be anything. LIFE is a mystery so be grateful for today and what you have because tomorrow it may not be there or neither could you.

5 comments:

  1. i really agree with you, vassy...

    back when i was little, i had a great uncle(an uncle's uncle)who, i really hated because he kept on pinching my cheeks when i was a baby.

    and i really wished that he existed, but now he's on my fifth birthday...at first, i felt glad but than felt stupid and hurt.

    your quote truly fitted my life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good point to bring up. Several individuals, if not all, really don't acknowledge the fact that we really don't know what we have until we no longer have it.

    Though this phase is repeated multiple times, it still goes through one ear and out the other. It troubles me to think that people don't realize or acknowledge this until something fatal happens in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel what you mean but i feel just doing what you have to do in life they going to come to you thats how i roll and going on with your career you might even find a person in the same profession with your face and style you shouldnt worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for following my blog

    ReplyDelete